Now is the time to see how to solve the problem – Fire stick remote stopped working. Applying these methods that I mentioned below will not only make the remote control work again for your Fire Stick, but also increase the life of your Fire Stick and Fire Stick remote control. Therefore, you must understand these methods very carefully. And if the problem persists please call on official Amazon Fire Stick Customer Service number.
1. If the metal strip of your Fire Stick remote control is broken, then what you can do is repair the remote control by metal welding or as the last option you may need to buy a new remote control.
2. You should always ensure that the distance between the Fire Stick and the Fire Stick remote control must not exceed 30 feet.
3. You must use the original remote control. To identify if the remote control you have purchased is original or not, it is not so easy but not impossible. You just have to follow the guidelines I provide here with some common sense, you can easily know if the seller’s remote control is original or is a clone.
4. You must know the lowest market price of the product. If the seller is selling the product at a price lower than the LMP, then if the product may be a clone or the product may have a failure. The minimum price for the Amazon Fire remote control mentioned by Amazon Company is easily available on the Internet.
5. You should look carefully at the logo and name. Many times, the duplicate and the original products have a very small difference between their names and the logo. Careful observation can clear things up.
6. If the reason why the Fire Stick remote control does not work is anonymous to you, then you should contact the customer service executive and inform them of the problem, they are always ready to help you.
7. If the unpaired remote control is the reason why the Fire Stick remote control does not work, you can pair the remote control with the method already mentioned earlier in this article.
8. It is recommended to use the best alkaline battery manufactured by a renowned manufacturer. It will improve the performance and life of your Fire Stick and Fire Stick remote control.
9. If the Fire Stick cannot detect the Bluetooth that needs to be detected, then the first solution is to reinsert the battery, and if this does not work, you should consult the customer service executive and ask for help. Many times, heavy Bluetooth connectivity traffic can prohibit your Fire Stick from detecting the Bluetooth connectivity that needs to be detected.
10. Some other solutions you can choose to solve ” Fire stick remote stopped working” are to use the compatible remote control and update the software. I have already discussed these two in this article before.
Many times, we get confused if a slight fracture or scratch on the remote control should be considered as the physical damage that may be responsible for the improper operation of the Fire Stick or not.
So, let me clarify the concept that if you take such a situation in a general term, even a scratch mark can make the product or the Fire Stick remote control be considered physically damaged, but from a technical point of view, this should not be considered as physically damaged until you have no hands on the malfunction of the remote control.
It is the same condition as when you have a paper money note that is a bit broken. If the broken currency note is acceptable in the market in the market, then you cannot consider it as the tour, but in reality, it is in general.
- In this article, I’ll describe what you can or should do if your Fire stick remote stopped working and How to reset fire stick remote. Here is the answer to some of the most important questions, such as:
- “Why your Fire stick remote stopped working and how to reset fire stick remote?”
- Methods to solve the Fire stick remote stopped working.
- What is the alternative you have if your Amazon Fire stick remote won’t work?
Let’s take a look at all these topics one by one…
Reasons why the Amazon Fire Stick Remote Stopped Working.
Here are several reasons why the Amazon Fire Stick remote doesn’t work sometimes.
1. IS YOUR FIRE STICK REMOTE COMPATIBLE?
This question is not addressed to people who have problems with their ready-to-use remote control. I’m talking about separately available remote controls. There are a number of third-party internal remote controls and remotes that work with FireStick and Fire TV devices.
FireStick is also compatible with Amazon and third-party game controllers that can be used as remote controls for interacting with the device. Any official Amazon product that clearly indicates compatibility with FireStick will work with your device. However, if you want to buy a third-party remote control or game, make sure it’s designed for use with Fire TV or FireStick.
There are also some cheap replicas of the remote with the same design and design. These products are easily handed over as originals but do not work. Check the authenticity of the seller before purchasing the Amazon Fire Stick Remote.
2. YOU MAY BE USING UN-PAIRED REMOTE
There may be a connectivity problem with the remote control and Fire TV stick. In this case, you can unlink your remote and reconnect. This will fix connection with the remote control and the Fire Stick.
Don’t Know How To Un-Pair The Fire Tv Remote?
You can un-pair your Fire TV remote by following these steps:
- On the Fire TV remote, locate “Menu,” “Left Directional Key,” and “Back Button.”
- Press and hold all of the above buttons for 15 seconds.
- This will allow you to unlink your Fire TV remote from the Fire TV.
- You can also reset your Fire TV to factory defaults. This will also disconnect the Fire TV remote.
To pair the Fire TV remote again:
To re-pair the remote control of your Fire TV with the Fire TV Stick, follow these steps:
- On the Fire TV menu, tap Settings.
- Go to “Bluetooth drivers and devices”.
- Now select “Add New Remote Control” under “Amazon Fire TV Remote Controls”.
- Press and hold the Start button on the Fire TV remote for 10 seconds. This will start the pairing mode of the remote control. The remote control is automatically paired with the Fire TV stick.
Many users said that with this procedure they could solve the problem that the Fire Stick remote did not work.Note: You can pair up to 7 Fire Stick remote controls and game controllers with Fire Stick. Follow the steps above to add the additional remote control.
3. THE BATTERIES ISSUE
Because humans draw energy from food, without energy or with little energy, we just do not feel able to work. Similarly, battery-powered electronic devices receive battery power, and if they are not, they are powerful enough to supply a sufficient amount of power. If the battery cannot deliver the desired time, you may also experience the problem that the Fire TV remote is not working.
POWER CYCLE THE FIRE TV STICK AND THE REMOTE
Turning your device on and off also helps a lot if the Fire TV remote is not connected. The reason for this is that most users keep their Fire Stick connected most of the time. Turning the Fire Stick off and on will update the device, resulting in a better connection to the remote.
This is the standard process to restart your Fire TV Stick:
- Plug in the power adapter of the Fire Stick.
- Wait 5 to 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power adapter to the Fire Stick.
- Now press and hold the “Start” button on the Fire TV remote to connect the remote to the Fire Stick. If this does not work, follow the full pairing procedure given in the previous section.
You may also need to reset your Fire Stick Remote in case in hard situations. Here is how you can reset a fire stick remote.
How to Reset Fire Stick Remote
- Open the battery cover of your Fire Stick remote.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Replace the batteries in the remote control.
- Press and hold the start button on the remote control for 10 seconds to automatically pair with the Fire TV.
FIRE STICK BUTTONS NOT WORKING
The buttons generally do not work if the remote has not been properly paired with your FireStick device. Press and hold the Start button on the remote control for at least 10 seconds to reconnect it.
If it still does not work, follow these steps to reset your remote and reconnect to FireStick:
Note: The following steps will NOT reset your FireStick to factory defaults. Just reset your remote, disconnect and reconnect to the FireStick
- Disconnect your FireStick from the power supply (unplug the adapter from the wall outlet or FireStick device)
- Now press and hold the following buttons (all together) for at least 10 seconds:
- Menu key
- Left part of the navigation ring.
- Remove the batteries from the FireStick Remote
- 4- Turn on your FireStick and wait for the home screen of your TV to appear
- 5- Put the batteries back in the FireStick remote control
- 6- Wait 1-2 minutes
- 7- Your FireStick remote must already be paired. If there is no link, press and hold the start button for at least 10 seconds.
Other Generic Solutions For FIRE STICK REMOTE STOPPED WORKING Problem
There are other reasons that can cause FIRE STICK REMOTE STOPPED WORKING problem. Usually these are unlikely, but it would be negligent for me not to mention them.
- The removal of the Amazon Fire Stick remote from the device is a factor to consider. The remote control works well if it is less than 3 meters from the unit. If you have a large room or a large room, bring the remote closer to the TV.
- The FireStick remote connects to the device via Bluetooth, not infrared rays. This means that the remote control and the FireStick need not be in sight of each other. However, if you store the device in a cabinet or enclosure, the signals may be disturbed. It will be a good idea to publicize it to see if that has caused the problem.
- Do not store many electrical appliances near the FireStick, as this may cause signal interference.
Now I hope you may have got why your Fire Stick Remote Stopped Working and How to reset fire stick remote. For the Amazon Fire Stick Support you can contact the official Amazon website and look for the specific solution. And don’t forget to subscribe to our Tech Newsletter.
Also Read, 9 Tips to Save Battery On Android Phone