- Some of the features are still in development, while some have been introduced as stable updates for Android and iOS users.
- Here are some of the latest WhatsApp new features update released this week.
WhatsApp is constantly updating its software with new features to provide users with smooth messaging and telephoning. The instant messaging service has recently provided a variety of functions. Some of the features are still in development, while some have been introduced as stable updates for Android and iOS users.
Here are some of the latest WhatsApp new features released in this week update:
Call Waiting Support: In Update 2.19.120, WhatsApp introduced call waiting support. This update is only available for iPhone users at present. The Android update is reported to be coming soon. In this update, users can receive another WhatsApp call while they are already on the phone.
Previously, recipients were not notified of a waiting call. Instead, the user was notified of a missed call as soon as the current call was disconnected. On the other hand, the caller learned that the recipient was busy when the app flashed the message “On another call” if the caller tried a call.
Self-destructive messaging feature: Although this feature is currently available in the Android beta version, this update automatically deletes a message after a certain period of time set by the user.
- As soon as the “Delete message” function is available, it is provided with a button for switching on and off. Users can select a specific time interval in which the messages are automatically hidden.
- There are five options for the time intervals: 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month and 1 year. Accordingly, the messages sent to this chat disappear. For example, if the user selects a 1-hour time interval, the messages sent after the selection will be deleted after one hour.
- The feature is outdated in the app market. Other social apps like Snapchat, Telegram introduced this feature some time ago. In fact, WhatsApp is late.
Multi-device support: As the WABetaInfo report said, a blog capturing WhatsApp developments, Facebook’s social messaging application can soon expand support for multiple Android device devices. A similar feature was introduced in WhatsApp beta for iPhones. Currently, WhatsApp Beta for iOS 126.96.36.199 has the new “Registration Notifications” feature, which can be very useful when an iPhone or iPad user requests a new code from a second device.
This beta feature displays a hidden string: “The recipient’s device list has changed. Tap Verify to confirm the new security code.” In essence, this notifies users when someone tries to log in to their accounts or sign up for a new WhatsApp account with users’ phone numbers, which improves the security and encryption of messages in the instant messaging app. There are currently no further details about this feature.