WhatsApp comes up with new features every day to improve the overall user experience. After the introduction of the dark mode function for Android users, the Facebook-based messaging app, WhatsApp may soon provide the dark mode function for iOS users.
- The report states that the iOS 18.104.22.168 update is now released and that there are signs of a dark mode on the iPhone soon.
- WhatsApp implemented a dark splash screen in beta update 22.214.171.124.
- WhatsApp implemented a dark splash screen in the beta update 126.96.36.199.
As of now, the Dark Theme feature is only available to Android beta users, and Whatsapp will only make it available to other Android users after a full test of the feature. Meanwhile, the only thought that comes to mind for any iPhone user is whether they’ll ever get the dark mode feature for the iPhone users. And the answer has been positive so far.
Although there is no official confirmation from Whatsapp that the dark mode feature is available for iOS users, a report in WAbetainfo suggests that it will be available soon. The report states that the iOS 188.8.131.52 update has now been released and that there are signs of a dark mode on the iPhone soon. WhatsApp implemented a dark splash screen in beta update 184.108.40.206 and is already activated by default.
The dark splash screen is basically the home page of the WhatsApp mobile app, which is displayed in dark colors, but otherwise only in white. The WAbetainfo also revealed that WhatsApp Beta is compatible with iOS to receive the dark theme from the server.
In the meantime, many other features like message deletion, animated stickers, and others are being tested for Android users. These updates will likely also be available for iPhone users, but it may take some time.
Another reason why every update to Android comes before iOS, as a feature is only available for iPhone users if they are error-free while testing on Android can be done side by side.
If you have not yet activated dark mode, you can do this for Android users as follows:
- Open the updated version of WhatsApp on your phone
- Go to the Settings menu by tapping the three-point menu in WhatsApp
- Once you have selected the settings, choose “Chats“. There you can select the topic from “Dark“, “Light” and “System standard“.
- Select “Dark” to enter the dark mode
- You can enter normal mode by doing the same operation and selecting “Light” instead of “Dark“.