With the Roku 3, the Roku Streaming Stick and the Roku 2 from 2015, users of Android and Windows 8.1 can mirror their devices on their TV sets. Here’s what you need to know to set it up.
Are you looking for an easy way to share videos, music or photos stored on your smartphone or computer to your TV? Do you also have a Roku? If so, you’re in luck. The Roku 3, the Roku Streaming Stick and now the brand new Roku 2 (model 2015) support the screen mirroring. In this way, Android and Windows users can easily mirror the content on their smartphone or PC to their TV. Here’s what you need to know to set it up:
How do I use screen mirroring on Roku?
First of all, you need to enable screen mirroring on your Roku device. To do this, click Settings in the left navigation bar and then click Screen mirroring.
Make sure your Android device is running version 4.4.2 or higher before we jump right in. You can check this by clicking Info under Settings. And this is also must that your device should be also connected to the same network as your Roku. You can check the network panel your Roku is connected to in the Network section of the Settings menu.
How do I enable screen mirroring on my Android?
To start mirroring on a standard Android device, go to Settings, click on Display and then on Cast Screen. Then tap the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen and check the Enable Wireless Display checkbox. Your Roku should now appear in the cast screen area.
If it doesn’t appear, go back to Settings and reopen the cast screen. Once you see your Roku box or Roku stick on the screen, just tap on it to connect. Now everything you see on your mobile device is exactly what is shown on your TV.
The method differs slightly on devices from Samsung, HTC, LG, and other Android manufacturers. For example, on the Galaxy S5, you will find the Screen Mirroring option in the Connect and Share section of the Settings menu. On other Android devices, you should find an option for screen mirroring in the “Settings” menu or in the “Display” sub-group, provided Android 4.4.2 or higher is running on the device.
Some Android apps like Netflix, HBO Go, and YouTube can also be projected onto your screen, much like how the Chromecast works. Just tap the cast icon in the top right corner of compatible apps and select your Roku box or Roku stick.
On Windows 8.1 devices
Roku’s screen sharing feature is also friendly with Windows 8.1 tablets and computers. To set it up, go to Settings, under the Devices, click PC and Devices, and then click Add Device. When your Roku appears in the drop-down menu, tap it to connect.
How to mirror the iPhone to Roku
There are two things you need to do to mirror your iPhone to your Roku:
- Set up your Roku receiver
- Set up the Roku app on your iPhone
First of all, you want to make sure that your Roku receiver and iPhone are on the same network. You can check your network settings with the Roku receiver.
Next, you need to make sure that mirroring is allowed on your Roku receiver.
- In your Roku go to Settings> System> Screen Mirroring
- Make sure that either Screen Prompt or Always Allow is selected under Screen Mirroring Mode, which is indicated by a checkmark.
- Note: – If you’re having trouble controlling Roku from your iPhone, go to Screen Mirroring Devices to find a device that may be locked. If it is locked, it will appear in the Always locked devices section. Devices must be added to this list manually. Therefore, you are very unlikely to see your iPhone here unless other family members have added it.
- When a device is found, tap the device to connect.
How can I mirror my iPhone to my TV without Apple TV?
- Download AirServer. You can even download a free trial to see how you like it. After downloading it, install it on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen. If there is an AirPlay receiver, you will find an option for AirPlay.
- Just look at the list of AirPlay receivers. Select the one in which the AirServer is installed. Your devices are now connected.
- Select the device and switch the mirroring between OFF and ON. Once you turn on mirroring, your device will appear on the AirServer computer. The name of the computer is also displayed on your iOS device.
How do I connect my iPhone to Roku screen mirroring?
If you have an iPhone and a Roku, you can easily mirror your iPhone to a Roku to project your favorite videos, pictures, and music onto your TV screen. Below are some quick and easy steps to take care of your eyes and show your media on the big screen.
How do I connect Roku to Windows?
Only select Windows Phone devices, such as the Nokia Lumia 1520 and HTC One M8 Windows Phone Edition, support Miracast, the standard that Roku uses for screen sharing. Go to Settings on a compatible device, scroll down to Project My Screen, and select your Roku device to start sharing your screen.
Can I mirror my iPhone to Roku?
Go to the App Store, download the Roku app and launch it on your iOS device. When you open the Roku app, the available devices are automatically recognized and displayed. Tap on your TV name to connect and start screen mirroring for Roku.
Now everything you do on your iOS device is mirrored on you.