Hi there. Today in this blog post we will discuss how to configure Roadrunner email settings on any device. Let’s start with a little introduction.
We all know that the RoadRunner email is a brilliant email service that is acquired and managed by Time Warner Cable. And you can use the roadrunner email service only when you are a current Time Warner Cable customer. A correct and effectual Roadrunner email server setting can help you work flawlessly with your everyday tasks.
So, how to set up roadrunner email server setting? Here is everything you need to know.
- Launch your Email app.
- Enter your Roadrunner email address, and then touch the “Next” button.
- Now select “Personal (POP3) “, then, again, touch on the “Next” button.
- Then type your Roadrunner account password, and then touch on the “Next” button again.
- Enter the Incoming Server settings
- Username: Enter your full email address with @maine.rr.com included the end (this can be changed based on your location. Example satx.rr.com or something else).
- Password: Enter your email password.
- Server: pop-server.maine.rr.com (this will also change based on your location)
- Port: 110
- Security type: None
- Once this is done, it’s the time to configure Outgoing Server settings.
- Server: smtp-server.maine.rr.com (domain will be changed according to location).
- Port: 587 (sometimes also25)
- Security type: None
- Require sign-in: Check
- Username: email@example.com (address depends on the current location)
- Password: Enter your Roadrunner webmail password.
- Tap on the “Next” button, and then tap on the “Next” button again.
- Now, enter your name in the “Your name” box.
- Click on the “Next” button. That’s it. Done!
- If the above settings won’t work then try following alternate server settings.
- Incoming server: pop-server.rr.com
- Outgoing server: smtp-server.rr.com
Spectrum Roadrunner Email Settings
Roadrunner.com supports IMAP / SMTP
Did you know that roadrunner email can be configured using IMAP/SMTP on the spectrum? Well, now you do. And it means you don’t have to use the roadrunner’s webmail login interface again and again to login with the spectrum.
You can easily send/receive emails with any email program like Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Apple Mail, Android Mail app, and many more. Using desktop email apps you can easily improve your office workflow. Right?
They also usually offer more options and your email address is available on your computer even when you are not connected to the Internet.
So, let’s see how to configure or set up a spectrum email setting.
You’ll need the IMAP and SMTP settings below to access your Rr.com email account from a desktop email program:
Roadrunner Email IMAP Settings
|Rr.com (RoadRunner/TWC) IMAP Server||mail.twc.com|
|IMAP security||SSL / TLS|
|IMAP username||Your full email address|
|IMAP password||Your Rr.com password|
Roadrunner Email SMTP Settings
|Rr.com (RoadRunner/TWC) SMTP Server||mail.twc.com|
|SMTP username||Your full email address|
|SMTP password||Your Rr.com password|
The server settings for RoadRunner email is as shown below:
Rr.com (RoadRunner/TWC) SMTP Server – mail.twc.com
SMTP port – 587
SMTP security – STARTTLS
SMTP username – Your full email address
SMTP password – Your Rr.com password
1. Navigate to the RoadRunner Help and Member Services page (see Resources).
2. Select your provider, city, and state from the dropdown menus on the page and click “Apply”. Your browser will redirect you to the next page.
3. Select “I don’t know my Roadrunner email password.” Wait until you are directed to the next page. Enter your RoadRunner email address and click “Submit”.
4. Enter the MAC identification number of your cable modem or 4G WiMax mobile device in the field provided. If you are not sure where the identification number is located, click either “How to Check Your Cable Modem ID” or “How to Check Your MAC ID for 4G Wimax Mobile Devices”. Click Submit.
5. Select a security question from the options in the drop-down menu. Enter the answer in the space provided. Click Submit.
6. Make a note of the temporary password on the next screen. Go to your RoadRunner webmail login page (see Resources). Click “Forgot Roadrunner Email Password?”
Pick “I know my Road Runner email password and I want to change it.” from the available options. On the next page, click “Change Password”. Enter your temporary password. Enter your new password twice in the password boxes. Click Submit. You can now ready to log in with your new password.
1. Click the Outlook “File” button and click “Add Account” in the right pane. Click “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” because RoadRunner requires manual configuration.
2. Select “Internet email” as the account type. Enter your full name and your RoadRunner email address in the first two fields.
3. Click the “Account Type” drop-down list and select “POP3”. Enter “pop-server.domain.rr.com” as the incoming server and “smtp-server.domain.rr.com” as the outgoing server and replace “domain” with the status abbreviation given in your email address.
4. Now put your RoadRunner username and password in their preferred boxes. Check the “Remember Password” checkbox to save your password.
5. Click “Next” to check whether the RoadRunner settings are set up correctly. Click “Close” and “Finish” to complete the process of adding RoadRunner to Outlook.
Also Read, What Is Snapchat and how does it work?