OnePlus Nord has finally launched in India as OnePlus Z and OnePlus 8 Lite months after the online test and surfacing in the rumor mill.
The new smartphone, the first in the company’s “affordable smartphone product line”, is available in three different configurations.
It is also touted to deliver a flagship camera experience. The OnePlus Nord has a hole display design and shows quad cameras on the back. The phone also offers 5G connectivity.
In addition, the company claims to have made almost 300 optimizations for the OnePlus Nord to offer a “fast and smooth” experience.
OnePlus Nord: Specs and Features
- Design & Display
- You have the dual-cam punch-hole at the top left on the front and a vertical quad-camera array on the rear.
- The fingerprint sensor is available on the right edge and doubles as the power button on Realme X3.
- OnePlus Nord has an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- The alert slider is placed on the right.
- OnePlus Nord features a 6.44-inch Full-HD+ Fluid AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch response rate.
- The panel boasts a 20:9 aspect ratio, 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, sRGB support, and Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top.
- Dual Selfie Camera
The OnePlus Nord arrives with a primary 32MP Sony IMX616 sensor and a secondary 8MP ultra-wide camera with a 105-degree FOV in the punch-hole.
OnePlus Nord is the company’s first smartphone with a dual selfie camera.
- Snapdragon 765G + 5G Support
- The newly launched OnePlus has blasting Snapdragon 765G chipset.
- It is a 5G-enabled chipset that launched alongside the Snapdragon 865, which powers the OnePlus 8 flagship series.
- Snapdragon 765G integrates the Snapdragon X52 modem, offering download speeds up to 3.38Gbps on a 5G network.
- The chipset is paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR4x RAM and up to 256GB of built-in storage.
But, you don’t get faster UFS 3.0 storage here.
The Nord instead comes with UFS 2.1 storage in tow, which is a little disappointing.
- OxygenOS 10.5
- OnePlus Nord brings the best of both worlds — vanilla Android and useful add-on features to users via OxygenOS.
- OnePlus Nord is backed by OxygenOS 10.5 based on Android 10 out-of-the-box.
- You also get Google Duo pre-installed on the Nord. It will be eligible for two years of software updates (up to Android 12) and three years of security updates, as per the company’s claims.
- 48MP Quad Rear Cameras
- The Nord is helmed by the exact same 48MP (f/1.75) Sony IMX586 sensor that you will find aboard the flagship OnePlus 8.
- It will come as a relief to many that the primary camera supports OIS, as well as EIS, to help improve video stability.
- Your Nightscape pictures will also see an improvement, thanks to this valuable addition on this mid-ranger.
- The primary sensor is paired with an 8MP ultra-wide camera with a 119-degree FOV, a 5MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro camera.
- There’s a dual-LED flash sitting next to the vertical array.
- As for the camera features, OnePlus Nord can capture videos up to 4K @ 30FPS, Super Slow-motion videos at up to 1080p @ 240FPS, Pro mode, RAW image capture, portrait (or bokeh) mode, and a lot more.
- Battery & Warp Charging
- OnePlus Nord comes equipped with a modest 4,115mAh battery pack, paired with Warp Charge 30T fast-charging support onboard.
- You can charge the phone from 0% to 70% in around 30 minutes.
- It is, of course, juiced up via the USB Type-C port at the bottom.
- IP Rating
OnePlus Nord doesn’t have an official IP rating.
OnePlus Nord: Specs Sheet
|Dimensions||158.3 x 73.3 x 8.2mm|
90Hz refresh rate
2400 x 1080 pixels
|RAM||6GB/ 8GB/ 12GB LPDDR4x|
|Storage||64GB/ 128GB/ 256GB UFS2.1|
|Software||Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.5|
|Selfie Camera||32MP Sony IMX616|
8MP ultra-wide (105-degree)
|Rear Camera||48MP (f/1.75) Sony IMX586|
8MP ultra-wide (119-degree)
|3.5mm Audio Jack||No|
|Charging Speed||Warp Charge 30T|
NFC, GPS, NavIC,
GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
Price and Availability
- 6GB+64GB – Rs. 24,999 (~$335)
- 8GB+128GB – Rs. 27,999 (~375)
- 12GB+256GB – Rs. 29,999 (~$402)
The smartphone will be available in two colors – Gray Onyx and Blue Marble.
The official sale of the flagship will start from August 4, exclusively on Amazon India, OnePlus.in and offline partner stores.
The other sale date is for the 8GB and 12GB RAM variants, the 6GB variant will come later in September, as per the Amazon listing.
And Finally…to know more…